Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bridgestone blizzacs. don't run them during the summer though, they will wear exceptionally fast. best to have 2 sets of tires/rims. i'm about to get a set, i dont know that i've ever heard as many good comments about a product as i have these tires. my parents just bought a set last week.

i'm sure others that have them will post. check their reviews at www.tirerack.com

If you can run studded tires, Nokian are very good. I'm running Cooper Weathermaster st/s's with studs on two of my subies this winter and a set of Nokians (with studs) on my wife's Legacy. If you can't get studs, Blizaks are good tires. That's what they run on Zambonis.

the thing is if I get those blizzaks then ill have to swap rims ever day just about cause one day the roads will be snowy and the next dry as a bone and hot if I lived in the mountains it would be fine

and about the studded they are alowed here but I heard they dont help much kind of a waste of money

the thing is if I get those blizzaks then ill have to swap rims ever day just about cause one day the roads will be snowy and the next dry as a bone and hot if I lived in the mountains it would be fine

How much snow do you get? Once a week? Once every 2 weeks? How long does it last? Having snow tires may not be the answer for you. If your normal daytime highs are above 40 degrees and you go weeks with no snow than forget snow tires.

I live in southwest Michigan and we get a lot of "lake effect snow" so that is why winter tires are for me. If I lived 50 miles south in Indiana where their snow fall is 1/3 of what I get I wouldn't sweat the hassle of changing tires and just run good all season tires. There are many good all season tires that will handle snow quite well.

BTW My wife's 96 Outback has Bridgestone Blizzaks and I have Dunlop Graspics on my 93 Legacy AWD wagon. I am very happy with both. Blizzaks are more $$ but a touch better. The Grapics are great and a little less money. I drive more miles and will wear mine out quicker so I didn't want to burn through more expensive tires so fast. Year 3 for the Blizzaks and they still have 75%+ tread left.

if it doesn't snow much and you don't have to drive much when it does snow or money is an issue then maybe they aren't for you. if you have to drive to work no matter what and 300 dollars for a set of tires isn't going to put you in the poor house then the safety aspect might be worth the aggravation of wearing out a set every winter or two. i'm in a weird part of maryland where it can be a couple weeks without much snow, but we can also get 24+ inches in one day. i'm putting blizzacs on right after the new year but i can also swap a set of tires with ease so i could take them off until storms threaten.

the way i see it is that it only takes one situation to be very grateful to have gotten them or to eternally regret not.