Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got spfi - mpfi T 1.8 swap "done"

Yesssssss........ close....... that's it........

that might be one to check but I can't see how that happened because I swapped the whole harness out (had to) this swap was hellish. spfi - mpfi alone requires everything to be change out everything, and I mean that. the bastards even used different heater fan connectors, can ya believe that. but I can't find this one DAMN short. she might have to go see my mechanic friend.

By the way do any of you think a short in one the ECC fuse circuit would cause the starter and cluster to be dead?

So,pardon me for asking,but would you guys say that if you intend on doing this swap that you'd want to change out the ECU,main harness,whole kit 'n kaboodle?I was planning an MPFI upgrade.

Heater connectors too?Sounding like you'd better swap out the dashboards and everything going through the firewall.Just for about what?5 more horsepower??The delivery is smooth from the start,that's what I like.The SPFI is almost like the last carbs they ran......lacking power,but better than the carbs by a good measure.