Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some Useful Info.......

The bearing in the accy' belt idler pulley is a 6202 2RSJEM manufactured by SKF. Any industrial bearing suppier should be able to get these. I have 3 different styles of air conditioning compressors mounted 2 different ways with 2 different kinds of idler pullies. These all take the same bearing mentioned above.

The bearing for the L/H timing belt idler gear (located just outboard of the oil pump) is the same bearing used in the serpentine belt idler pulley on Jeep Wranglers and Cherokees with a 4.0L straight six. It's also used in the oil cooler on a Bell UH-1 HUEY (don't ask :D )

I'm working on a bolt-on conversion for the timing belt tensioners that are made-as-one. I bought a new set of tensioners that have replaceable bearings, but all of my old ones will not come apart. You can get the pulley off of the bearing but the bearing is a permanent part of the mount plate.

Isn't this info good to be in that 'Parts Exchange' thread or something like that?

I always love to read about interchangable parts between different manufacturers, especially domestic ones. You can come out much cheaper for a replacement part.

Good idea. I have put it in the Engine Articles.