Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intercooler is here!

calebz

so no hesitation from the RX when jammin the gears?

No, none of that at all. I understand that when the throttle plate closes and the air is vented to the atmosphere, the car SHOULD bog or something from the extra fuel being injected to the cylinders without the metered air with it (that's vented to the atmosphere). Somehow, it runs just fine. I haven't tried to figure it out and just accepted it. No stutter, no bog, just smooth running. I likey!

i finally got my wrx IC, but the guy didnt pack the recirc valve when it was clearly stated in the auction that it was included. :banghead:

Dammit.. that sucks.

Getting the valves is easy.. getting them with the recirc elbow on them is a pain in the butt.

If you don't mind having one with no recirc elbow, try here: http://www.fi-systems.com

Last time I was there, they had a box of them.. takeoffs from upgrades.. Would probably let one go cheap. If shipping is a problem for them, I can always go pick it up for you and send it myself. they are only about 10 minutes from me.

what did you guys with the wrx intercoolers use to plumb the IC outlet to the TB? if i remember correctly, the outlet is 2 3/4" and im thinking the TB inlet is 2 3/8" or 2 5/8". and what is the small hose connected to the middle of the 4WD plenum? am i going to have to plumb that, or can i just put a breather filter on it?

My IC to TB hose is a combination of legacy parts and Ford SHO parts :-\

The small hose on the plenum is for the aux air valve. Its a controlled vacuum leak that helps the idle when the car is cold. Don't put a breater on it. If you aren't going to hook it up, plug it off.

• 2 weeks later...

hot damn! got my recirc valve! now i can spend even more money i dont have fitting up the plumbing for the intercooler... :-\

oh yeah, almost forgot to ask: is there a gasket that goes between the wrx IC and the wrx recirc valve?