Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 wiring diagram

I am desperate for a good quality (readable) EA82 (T) wiring diagram. Anyone with a good manual with one in - I have a copy of the workshop manual but hte print is to small and I cant make out the labelling properly. Essentially its the engine managment/sensors etc that I need.

thanks

I can scan and send the EA82T diagrams to you.

But

Any stuff I have is for cars with the st. wheel on the wrong side. (off side)

All I have is the factory service manual and it's print on wiring diagrams is small also.

Possibly it would not matter.

I am still looking for a link for you, there are some out there.

edit: found one - the EA82 serice manual in . pdf

Subaru manuals

I know you do not want to spend any quid but for 20 american

you can get all the info you need here

http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/index.jsp

thanks for the offer - I would be greatfull for a scan.

I've tried that manual site -it is cool but the wiring diagram is to low res and you cant read the colour codes on the wires. The rest of the manual is amazing though.

Do you mean its for US side LHD or UK/Aus RHD? I dont know if it makes any difference anyhow.

my email address is: hc AT behi.wanadoo.co.uk

thanks a million! :)

If all else fails I might have to fork out the 20 bucks !!

Habib

funnily enough I havent managed to find a haynes manual for the OHC L series, loads around for OHV. I hope I've understood that right! I'll look harder for a hyanes in that case, maybe a special order.

still if someone comes accross the one I need feel free to email a copy/post a link. :)

just ordered that book :headbang:

-Is there a difference in the wiring for the US / UK / Japan models? I know Ca seems to get its own mention for everything because of emmissions? but otherwise I'm hoping that its all the same internationally.

The only differences that I can think of have to do with the instruments being on the "wrong" side. This means that any photos or drawings that show connector positions would be wrong if you're driving a vehicle of the opposite persuasion.

I've actually taken an EA82T instrument harness (loom) apart, and some of the wires in there are weird! They run from one side to the other with loop connectors at one side to accommodate the "wrong" position of the instruments.

When you think about it, it really doesn't make much sense to design a vehicle specifically for the driver's position. That approach would double the development costs. I don't think the Japanese are THAT stupid!

Here's a quick and dirty check: Where's the fuse panel? On LHD models, it's above the driver's left foot. If it's above the passenger's left foot on RHD models, the rest of the wiring should be pretty much the same.