Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally!

WJM

So i got a TD04 today! :banana:

Now...im going to work on rotating the housing 90 deg which is supposily impossible...and throw it on the RX as soon as I get intake peices...and maybe a DP.

I have a stock WRX DP...but Id like to get something 'real' to put on it.

I'm sure this has been answered countless times before...but my fingers and brain are cold right now so I'll just ask this again...

In order to mount the WRX TD04 into an EA81T you need to...

-Rotate the turbo housing 90 deg

-use a WRX downpipe (or whatever else uses the same bolt pattern)

-???

Is there any trickery required with cooling/oil lines? Or is it really THAT simple?

And how about mating the WRX downpipe to the stock exhaust...any tricks with that or is it just bolt on?

I've got the downpipe, and have been thinking about this...just haven't pulled any triggers yet.

Now...im going to work on rotating the housing 90 deg which is supposily impossible...

why does it have to be rotated 90 deg? I've got one coming and so I'm just wondering, I thought is was almost a bolt in item except for the rear bolt on the up pipe....I've got a stock WRX dp with 500 miles on it coming as well:D

So i got a TD04 today! :banana:

Now...im going to work on rotating the housing 90 deg which is supposily impossible...and throw it on the RX as soon as I get intake peices...and maybe a DP.

I have a stock WRX DP...but Id like to get something 'real' to put on it.

So you have a stock WRX turbo and downpipe. I thought you had a TWE downpipe. What's going on? :-\

the coolant lines need to be 'adjusted' and the downpipe and up pipe/header flange is different...but NOT on the TWE pipes, they fit both the new and old IHI's.

the oil lines look to be the SAME.

the compressor housing will not line up to anything stock. where the stocker has a 90* elbo cast peice on it...the TD04 does not, you will have to fasion a new pre-turbo intake.

as for the compressor outlet...the stocker is pointing UP. the td04 points, towards the TB horizontally. that has to be adressed with new piping, or moving the wastegate actuator along with rotating the housing to its exiting UP.