Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MOAB meet April 15, 16, 17.

Re-schedule maybe? Im not done with my projects either. Was hoping to go in my Vanagon and not wheel it of course but at least spectate and man a video camera, etc.

no, i talked to joel and he sais you're all a bunch of fairies. we will ride moab next weekend, or else i will apologize and ask to rescheduale.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no!

not fairies!

if it will make ya bastids feel better, there is a good chance i am going to fly to michigan and ride a new used r1200 gs to california this week

call me a fuscking fairy then!

got the lsd guts, john. i will try to get that stuffed in there asap, but there is a really good price on that gs in mi. might have to go for it.

it is a bmw 1200 enduro motorcycle, for the uninformed

boxers RULE!

dave

well here's the thing about reschedualing. i'm all for more people going, but being that this thread was started 3 months ago, and people can't get it together in that time span to go, is another week or two really gonna make a difference? who would actually go if we waited another week or two?

Lets just start planing another Moab meet, no reason to cancel a trip thats all ready in the works because afew "b!tches" can't get it together. I know that 2 weeks wouldn't help me much. I need more like 6 weeks at the rate I'm getting stuff done and hey Moab will still be there.

I'll be hit and miss on Friday, I've got an apptment @9am then have to get my son up to the wife work by 1'ish so I'll be leaving about 12:30. I'll PM you my #. Shoot me a list of stuff you need and if I'm not home I'll leave it out for you. Do you want to borrow my Moab book and maps? Oh and I may have some extra stub axles for you to throw in the tool box, since you and Joel are both welded these days.

well here's a summery.

i drove all night friday and found joel 7:00am saterday. since i don't need to sleep we went and did the top of the world trail. it was really fun with a couple real challenging spots. we got to the top and there was a youn couple in a cherokee. he had just proposed so we took their pics for them and hung out. a view so amazing i won't even try to explain.

on the way down i realized one of my lift blocks had fallen out. so i limped it back down the trail where it intersected with the kokappelli (sp. i know....). joel went off the long way while i headed back to town to fix my car and was to hook up with joel at the brewpub that night.

in the meantime joel messes his car up bigtime (i'll let him explain that) in the middle of nowhere. undrivable.

i get much needed sleep in town (i had been up for 40 hours straight)

sunday morning joel finds me in town we fix my car and head out to his abandoned rig on the kokopelli and i tow him 14 miles back to pavement where triple A will tow him for free back to junction. 7pm sunday we part ways, i head home.

all in all i had a great time. we didn't do nearly as much trail riding as we hoped to, oh well.but the trails there are amazing, a weekend in moab is a blessed thing. we will be back soon i am sure. plus i had no idea my car could be used to tow so effectivey.

joel, drop a line so i know you arrived safely, thanks for the good times.

and a p.s.: we were both VERY happy with how our cars performed on the trails.

So only 2 of you guys showed up? I thought that this was a big thing going on. I'm getting my Brat back tomorrow and will be working on it from now till WCSS, so maybe next time you guys plan a trip out to Moab, I'll be there! I'm glad you guys had fun though.

The only trails I hearing about is TOTW? What other trails did you do? :confused:

I did Kokopelli's Trail from the TOTW cutoff to Onion Creek while John was in town.

We spent Sunday recovering my car. :drunk:

That's it. Murphy's Law prevented us from doing more. It didn't have anything to do with the Subies being capable or not, it was just bad luck.