Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dragon tales!

WJM

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695578

So a group of us NASIOC south east people got together...and went up to the Dragon.

The dragon is an 11 mile stretch of road thats got 318 curves in it over mountinous terrain...VERY VERY fun roads...mostly 2nd and 3rd gear for the WRX guys...2-3-4 for STi...3-4 for me and my RX. There is also a 'high speed' version of it, the Cherahollo (sp?) skyway thats about 20 miles of FAST wide open sweepers and everything.

The RX=NOTHING broken this time! (except for an exhaust hanger falling off...but that was a non issue)

And...best of all...RX=faster than WRX's and RS's out there on the skyway. I could keep up with the STi...but its power was more ofcourse, and it did have better tires...so, it ecaped.

There are also TONs of gravel roads around...some much like rally GB, some like New Zealand...most a cross. RX=2nd fast. Fastest was a guy in 04 WRX wagon, aka ydant on nasioc...ofcourse, hes more nuty and has stock ground clearance and suspension...RX=diff almost draggin ground in some places...so, we slowed some.

JWX was there and can attest to the performance of the cars present :banana:

We had TONs of fun on the paved and un-paved areas! Check the thread out for the pics and rally drifting vids!

Dang! That looks like fun! Liked the videos of the RX Will, good action there :) Gotta do a little sideways action of my own for the 1st time driving the RX with the new engine. Had a foot of packed snow on a nice private lane, very fun

...I gotta find out when the next rally race is, that video got me going.

And...best of all...RX=faster than WRX's and RS's out there on the skyway. I could keep up with the STi...but its power was more ofcourse, and it did have better tires...so, it ecaped.
I was quite impressed with the RX. :D Of course, I did let you THINK you were faster on the skyway... ;)

There are also TONs of gravel roads around...some much like rally GB, some like New Zealand...most a cross. RX=2nd fast. Fastest was a guy in 04 WRX wagon, aka ydant on nasioc...ofcourse, hes more nuty and has stock ground clearance and suspension...RX=diff almost draggin ground in some places...so, we slowed some.
Yeah, and look what it got me: ydantown3d.jpg

:lol:

I love my stock ride height, though, and I doubt I'll lower it. I may stiffen it up, but it's not dropping any.

-y

it was a 'mini' meet...we had another smaller one back in early dec as well.

I think the 'big' meet will be in June....DrBiggy is the official planner it looks like.

Biggly and I are pretty much dividing that role. If you're interested in helping out, Will, let us know.

The date for big meet is still open, so if you are interested in going PLEASE go vote on our date poll.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696000

For more information about last year's meet, go here:

http://dragon.drbiggly.com/

The big one brings 70-100 cars, so it's a pretty big deal.

Here's the 2003 meet - 2004 was even bigger. :D

baseball-groupshot.jpg

That's my actual plate. :D b0rk3d
That video of the 'crash' was pretty funny. "I better get behind the rock", "Oh sh**" :lol:

How did your passenger side rear rim do? Where you still on the gas as the car slided because it seemed that should have helped you some. It looked like you just started going sideways with no pedal action.

That video of the 'crash' was pretty funny. "I better get behind the rock", "Oh sh**" :lol:

How did your passenger side rear rim do? Where you still on the gas as the car slided because it seemed that should have helped you some. It looked like you just started going sideways with no pedal action.

that was JWX that said it too..he ruined it all!!

The car was fine...just some grass stuck inbetween the tire/rim. :lol:

My dumb self hit the brakes rather than gassing it. Just stupid on my part. I know better, too. :(

Car's fine as far as I can tell - the sideskirt got a little messed up, but nothing major. It was already of questionable condition.

edit: woah, dumbdonkey is censored...