Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The last couple days I noticed my driver's door wont stay locked. It acts as if I didnt shut the door all the way, so it unlocks itself every time I shut it. It does lock with the key, and it doesnt mess with the other doors when it unlocks itself. I don't really mind dealing with this but I am about to put a sound system in it and my mom borrows my car every time she gets the chance (more comfortable than her's) and I know she'll forget about this. Any ideas?

Do know you have to hold up the handle when closing the driver & passenger front doors for them to stay locked?

Try holding the handle up as you shut the door, and it'll probably stay locked.

Didnt have to do this before, the passenger side stays locked, it's just the driver's door doing this, but I will give it a try, thanks

yup, started 3 days ago. Im one of those habitual checkers (one of the cars I previously owned kept getting messed with so I always double check to make sure its locked just to make it that much harder for them) but holding the handle does work, hopefully my mom will remember...I'd let her drive her own car but its safer for her to use mine on her work commute (hills and ice arent a good mix, esp in a rwd car)