Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Make sense to clean throttle body and injector?

The TB on my Loyale is quite dirty, with a lot of oil having built up over the years. Does it make sense to detach the TB and give it a thorough cleaning, plus switch out the intake hoses? Is there a way to get main intake hose (the one connected to the airbox)

While I'm at it, I might as well clean the injector as well. Anyone know if there are ways to dissasemble the fuel injector and clean it?

you can clean the TB on the car. no need to remove it. there are come good spray produts out there just for that.

the intake boot is a dealer item as far as I know. the last one I got was verry expensive too. but that was for my EA82T.

injectors dont really come apart for cleaning. I have some ghetto cleaning/testing methods but the best way is to send them to a profesional and have them flow matched and cleaned.

now for the real question. why do you want to do any of the above? is the car running poorly? somtimes a really dirty TB can cause some idle/off idle transition problems. we actually had a truck(dodge) come in that would NOT idle due to the dirty throttle body.

No, no problems related to it. I just thought it wouldn't hurt, plus I'd like to see what the TB is made of. And it never hurts to install new gaskets, even the TB one.

I was planning on just dissambling the TB and flushing it with warm water. Bad idea?