Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SKA meet n' greet? (attn: Alaskans)

Attention anybody who lives in Alaska and is potentially interested in joining the Subaru Klub of Alaska! This organization is open to anybody in Alaska (or Canada) who owns a Subaru, has owned a Subaru, or is thinking of owning a Subaru.

We should try to have an informal get-together sometime in the near future. Anchorage seems to be a good central location for meet-ups, so how about one here?

Soooo.....

Who is going to be coming to Anchorage in the near future and when? Also, when would be a good time for locals to meet up?

I would like to get as many people together as possible so that we can talk about the formation of this organization and meet face to face with some of the members.

Updates:

AKBrando has created a SKA website where members can access the contact information of other members and post events. Hopefully we can get some pics up there soon. (There is another thread on the site that has a link to it.)

I have been talking to McBrat about getting stickers printed up. We will know prices in the next couple of days, and then ordering can begin. If it goes fast, we might be able to get the stickers before the meet n' greet.

That's all for now. Please let us know if this would work for you, and send your contact information if you haven't already to subaruklubofalaska@hotmail.com, or to AKBrando, so that it can be posted.

We are headed to Anchorage early next week. Have a couple of doctor's appointments on Monday the 17th. Plan on driving up on Sunday, and leaving Tuesday afternoon.

Might be able to swing a lunch meet and greet on Tuesday before hitting the road. One of our favorite restaurants is La Mex, but we are pretty flexible as to where to meet.

La Mex downtown is on the corner of I St and 6th Ave. The easiest way to get there would be to take Minnesota Ave downtown (it turns into I St) and La Mex will be on the left hand corner of 6th.

If you cross 6th and turn into the alley behind La Mex you can get into the pay parking lot right next to La Mex. (once you see it you will understand what I'm talking about)

I still have to convince my "better half", but I think it's do-able. What time works for everybody?

AKBrando, sorry we missed you. Kelly (Snowman) and I were at La Mex (which was closed today) from about 5:30 until shortly after 6, and then went to a pay phone to try to call you. The phone number didn't pan out and when we came back to La Mex, there was a Kia minivan out front, so I honked my Brat horn as we pulled up. We parked and hustled around to the front, but you were pulling away, or at least we believed it to be you. Again, sorry it didn't work out. Maybe next time you're in town.

I have to sincerely apologize. I didn't know the downtown La Mex was closed on Mondays (been quite a while since I lived in Anchorage). When I am in Anchorage, I don't have access to the 'net so until I got back to Valdez, I couldn't even get online to post.

The trip went well overall, road conditions were pretty good. Coldest we saw (on the van thermometer) was -26 F between Eureka and Glenallen.

man, I gotta start readin more different threads. or someone msg me when thers a meetngreet.

I prolly wouldnt have been able to meet it anyways,, coil burned out this weekend, along with two flats so now I'm running diff tread tires, and my 4wd is binding up.

• 10 months later...