Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hood gauges

Guest JwX

how do I do this? is there a spcail bucket that I buy or what I can't find any info on this? (ATTN mods if this to off topic for ya then move it) but anyways I would be putting this on my hatch cause I think it would look good:D

Guest oddcomp

i was thinking the same idea sorta but incorporating them into a hood scoop to help keep the engine cool at cruising speeds

and so i could see oil boost and water temps

with a piece of lexan over the gauges to protect from rain and such

Guest bbbs53

Hi, didn't Dodge Chargers have the tach on the hood? Shows my age. I believe that a nicely shaped reverse scoop, weather tight would make a cool arrangement. How about the windshield pillar pod mount? Just a thought, Bradd

Guest Hondasucks

I think the GTO Judge had a hood-mounted tach (I know I have a model of one somewhere with a hood-mounted tach on it) Dunno what teh purpose of having the gauges in the hood rather than in the cabin other than shorter wires though..

Guest Caboobaroo

Some of the GTO Judges came with them, I know that it was an option for the early 70's Mustang Boss's. Basically any muscle car from the early 70's have them but they were usually an option so not EVERY one will have them.

Guest Turbone

My 68 Firebird had the tach on the hood. It helped to keep your eyes on the road when you were - uh -doing some aggresive shifting.

Rob

Guest Caboobaroo

yeah basically its a pod with a gauge (usually the tach) mounted on top of your hood. Trying to find them for a good price......good luck with that one