Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Craven

STI Brat

Might be old news, but I think it is WILD.

What happens when a Subaru WRX STi humps a Subaru Brat?

Posted Oct 12, 2004, 1:59 PM ET by Christopher Diken

Related entries: Aftermarket

7829472159425683.jpg?0.2500580413835115

This does. The Brat body is on the receiving end of an apparent full STi engine and interior swap, although there’s no word on whether the Brat’s traditional ultra-hazardous jump seats in the pickup bed were preserved. It’s certainly not much of a sleeper in World Rally Blue with those UK-market wheels and exposed FMIC. Plenty of pictures in the link below document the transformation.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v347/lewlew/?start=0

Yeah thats one sweet brat. a lot of work seemed to have been put in it. that intercooler is a *little* too big for me though.:) I have a question, Are brats post 1987 considered gen 3's? do they have standard 5 lugs? does anyone know how hard it would be to convert if not?

that would be sick.....i drove my first gen 1 today after i rebuilt the carb and got it running right.man oh man would it be cool to have that in an sti platform......got pics somewhere of that?

I am in love! What a combo...always dreamed of it while driving my brat but never had the $$$$ or the space to pull it off. What a blast!

Might be old news, but I think it is WILD.

What happens when a Subaru WRX STi humps a Subaru Brat?

Posted Oct 12, 2004, 1:59 PM ET by Christopher Diken

Related entries: Aftermarket

7829472159425683.jpg?0.2500580413835115

This does. The Brat body is on the receiving end of an apparent full STi engine and interior swap, although there’s no word on whether the Brat’s traditional ultra-hazardous jump seats in the pickup bed were preserved. It’s certainly not much of a sleeper in World Rally Blue with those UK-market wheels and exposed FMIC. Plenty of pictures in the link below document the transformation.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v347/lewlew/?start=0

sfckenyon - try not to reply with an attached picture thats already been posted in the thread... makes it even longer for pages to load for us 56k guys..

DANG It's a sweet lookin brat.i some times think about putting on the front clip assm on my 94 leg gt.one thing stopping me........ $$$$$$$:banghead:

That thing looks awesome, a lot of well done fab. work. Though I'd be afriad to drive it on any of the roads around here with that FMIC sitting so low and exposed. :-\

I still dont understand why people claim the back seats are so dangerous.. It is securely bolted in and has seatbelts, I find it no more dangerous than the back seats of a Jeep Wrangler...