Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Progress/Teasers ;) (56K - Sammich time)

calebz

must share suspension install secrets....

Got something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33582&item=7956167873&rd=1

Rear install is pretty much bolt on.

1- remove strut

2- Remove stock srping

3- Install new spring using factory tophat

4- reassmble

5- Adjust to preference

Fronts required a little grinding on a little disc on the strut body in order for the adjustment collar to fit.

1- Remove strut

2- Remove spring

3- Grind little disc thingy down a little (took 10 minutes or so with an angle grinder)

4- Install new spring with new tophat

5- Reassemble

6- adjust to preference

Buying ebay springs is kind of a crap shoot. I don't see the exact springs I used on ebay any more.. Mine were listed for a WRX. Tex's were listed for a legacy. I believe brad is using some made for some VW. ALl 3 of us have a little different spring rates as well. I tried to find out beforehabd what mine would be, but the seller was somewhat lacking in teh engrish skills. I ended up with 350 rear and 450 front.. They are some stiff shizz.:D

The rest of what I did with the suspension is the basic 5 lug stuff.. Tex made a good parts list that can be found in a number of places on the board.

how does the car ride? my friend put some el cheapo coilovers on his cavalier, and he hates the ride, its too bouncy.

not sure yet. I have a few other things to deal with before a real test drive can be had. I'm not the only one here that has these installed though. Perhaps Will or Brad can chime in about ride quality.