Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats next?

WJM

Now that I have passed the 200 Crank HP mark...and its sitting near the 300 crank TQ mark...whats next?

MS+DIS is ofcourse on the list. Unfortunatly, with the RX as my only car and the daily driver at this point...and im still paying off debt from the many months out of work...I just dont think MS+DIS is going to come for a few months at best....eventho its DIRT CHEAP compared to EcuTek/Hydra/AEM stuff....plus the MS+DIS can do ALOT more than those...but the hydra does Anti-Lag! :slobber:

1st order of buisness is to fix te fuel cut BS. It started doing its 5 second gremlin cut BS on the dyno...and some more on the way home...then it finnaly started hitting real fuel cut after 5 seconds...so...im going to see about finding a solution to the 5 second thing...AGAIN...and see about a sub-$100 solution to fuel cut.

2nd is injectors. Im going to source some(4 of course) 300~450 CC's for under $100. From what I hear, WRX's can 'smartly correct' up to 550cc injectors with little/no issue...so it may be possible that our stock stuff can go up to 300 with little/no issue. I think that 450 would definatly require SAFC install or similar.

3rd...possibly a larger turbo...aka the TD04 I have laying around. I just need to get a proper DP, and get the intake piping figured out...the oil lines appear to be direct fit, and the coolant lines will need to be redone, but thats a non issue as that is cake. Once I have time (and the LARGE snap ring plyers to do so) I am going to work on rotating the housing so the compressor output is vertical, and remount the wastegate actuator in a good efficient location. Otherwise...3rd will be to get the stock turbo worked over by Jerry at Deadbolt Enterprises...a monster Port and Polish, black hole wastegate, and some other goodies....

OR...3rd will be a hybrid turbo of some sorts.

4th: USDM STi version 8 TMIC and hood scoop...or get some better IC piping...aka smoother and better flowing.

5th: Possibly cams, the Delta 260's.

6th, and to be done sometime this week, revamp the exhaust thats on it. Im tired of the ghetto ricer routing, and the exhaust constantly is one with the ground...so its time to route it thru the stock locations in the back...instead of under the rear diff...and the new design is going to drop the glass pack, so it will be a complete turbo back stright pipe. :banana:

7th: Ummmmmmmm....

Drive it

?????????

PROFIT!!!

dude, ive been down this road.

seriously consider either not pushing your luck anymore with it if you are driving it everyday or pick up some $200 beater to get you to work when you blow the pistons out of it or the heads melt.

ive been around the block a bit. especially this one.

dude, ive been down this road.

seriously consider either not pushing your luck anymore with it if you are driving it everyday or pick up some $200 beater to get you to work when you blow the pistons out of it or the heads melt.

ive been around the block a bit. especially this one.

Im working on it. Im waiting on this Justy im getting for FREE.

i'm sure you said not too long ago you weren't going to mod the hell out of the rx. man i am glad you changed your mind

Yeah...I remember saying that...that was when i was super pissed at the engine....but...I am now certinly glad I modded it....it got AT BEST 24 MPGs babying it down the interstate...right on the speed limit, 65 at most.

Now, I can cruise at 75~80 no problem and get 28~31 MPGs. :slobber: On top of that...have all that power when i need it! :burnout:

us financially challenged folks should get together and figure out every inexpensive power adder and performance mod for these cars and start a list or write a book, then we could make some moneys. hmmm, the grand book of elcheapo suby improvements.

I know there really isn't any money in doing something like this, but I would encourage some of you EA82T guys to compile a how-to book on modding this engine. I recently wrote up a carb->SPFI conversion manual over my Christmas break. I didn't actually SELL any copies, but I was able to trade for Subaru parts. I'm sure that there would be enough people on this board alone that it would be worth your while.

No. Tex tried. We have the needle/seat kind, no screen on our stuff.

By tried I looked at the injector and deteremined it was a pintle style.

I recently "aquired" DSM blue top injectors which appear to fit into our intake manifold. It will be simple to put a hose over the end to make them compatable for my already finished fuel system.

However, I won't be doing this until I do MS&EDIS.

By tried I looked at the injector and deteremined it was a pintle style.

I recently "aquired" DSM blue top injectors which appear to fit into our intake manifold. It will be simple to put a hose over the end to make them compatable for my already finished fuel system.

However, I won't be doing this until I do MS&EDIS.

Pics?

hmm...

i'd have to say get rid of the small stock turbo.

Anti-lag...would be interesting..but you might as wel order about 6 of those TWE headers....and have a stock of turbos.

im not going to do anti lag.

I will likely be keeping the stock turbo for a while...as for autox use, it comes on SUPER fast and thats what I like/need for autox.

I might slap the TD04 on there someday...but i imagine it will be a little too laggy in stock form...so it will probably make a trip to Deadbolt for a PnP and so on.....

The VF7...i have an extra laying around and eventually it will go to deadbolt for a PnP/black hole and so on...

basically..

The exhaust side is most important....there isn't much improvement to do ont he inlet side, as you do want it somewhat rough.

I basically looked at the pictures on the dead bolt website, and did everything they did.

You could see yourself in the exhaust housing when i was finished!!! i took ALOT of material off the VF-11. when i put it on....it should have helped a pile!