Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats next?

WJM

found a picture

DCP00216.sized.jpg

if you look...what i did was scribe a line where the exhaust turbine was...and came out about 1/4 inch.. then i rounded the complete square edge that is all the way around the turbine outlet, so it is a nice smooth round all the way to the edges of the outlet chamber..if that makes sense..

I also ported the wastegate a little better so it would flow, and not get boost creep.

I then drilled a 2nd hole in the outlet flange and made a divorced style downpipe.

looked exactly like this actually

MTD04turb.JPG

you can tell it would make a BIG difference.

i also port matched the housing to the outlet gasket

You know, an intercooler sprayer would be a worthwhile cheap mod, Will, that way you wouldn't have to put ice on your intercooler :)

there was no ait flow over the IC...so justa water spray would have heat soaked it even worse. Their IC fan was not ready at the time...so we just used ice.

i have an intercooler sprayer on all my cars.

Just an elcheapo Windshield washer squirter kit. Came with the bottle, pump, wiring, switch, hose, and nozzles all for 8 bucks!! Us Canadians love Princess Auto.

They work well when you are sitting at lights and wanna scare the piss outta buddy.

Water does work well....but to keep up on the dyno you'd really need a Hose spraying on it all the time.

I thought of that but we didn't want to get the dyno too wet

Mist with the finnished IC blower would hAve been great.

Waterspray IC's are illeaga in SCCA Solo2...even tho EVO and STi are factory equippted...they are not allowed to use them on course. :-\ So...im not going to add one for a while.