Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Baja Owner with question...

bajaguy

Hi all!

I just bought a 2005 Baja turbo gray/silver 2-tone with auto trans. While reading the owner's manual I discovered that some Bajas may have outside mirror defoggers controlled by a door-mounted switch. Mine does not have this option. Any ideas out there if this is a worthwhile option to have and if it is feasible to add-on?

Most mornings down here everything, including the mirrors, are covered in frost and require scraping off.

A couple days ago, the pivot point on my electric mirror decided to break, probably from all the scraping done on it. Duct tape will work for a while to fix it until I get to the junkyard...

heated mirrors would be awesome.

• 3 months later...

I put these in my Legacy, then took them out and put them in my Baja....very easy, just need the heated mirrors and the and the switch.

Most mornings down here everything, including the mirrors, are covered in frost and require scraping off.

A couple days ago, the pivot point on my electric mirror decided to break, probably from all the scraping done on it. Duct tape will work for a while to fix it until I get to the junkyard...

heated mirrors would be awesome.

I don't know if this holds true for the Baja but when I bought the forester in 04 it said on the window sticker that it had mirror defrost. Well I couldn't find the button so I asked the salesman when I picked it up and he said they eliminated the button and integrated the system into the windshield deicer (the grid that is at the wipers) Try it!

Given that you live in Phoenix, I really doubt you would need em.

By the time you add them in after the fact, I think they'ed be real expensive.

And Your In PHOENIX :eek:

I wanted the "winter package" on our Forester, heated seats, wipers and mirrors, but the car seems to do winter just fine with out.

(doesen't mean I still don't want them) :lol:

If you can wait a few years the price of stuff like that really drops big time!!

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--w/o doors, windows, mirrors...

01 Forester--w/o winter package

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an 04 outback with the cold weather package and the heated mirrors. I also live in the mountains of Colorado. Most mornings are spent scraping frost/snow/ice off all the windows and mirrors and then its a 15 min drive to work. I turn on my mirror heaters but they dont seem to have any impact on the snow or ice, so, i wouldnt front the money for them unless you just need/wany it that band!:cool:

http://www.burcoinc.com/

These guys make heaters and replacement mirror glass with heaters built in (for some models) if your looking to retrofit. I did it to my '95 legacy and it is a nice upgrade for chicago winters. The hardest part was removing the mirrors from the door (impact screwdriver works wonders) and running the wires through the door sill.