Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new brush guard

Way to go man- I like it alot!

Turn signals are interesting-

I have been toying w/ the idea of putting one of these guys together but always seem to have a full plate-

very interested in how you hooked it in- is it mounted via the bumper mount bolt holes, er anywhere else??

an idea would be a bumper w/ mounts that go in and actually serves as part of the lift blocks for the engine crossmember.. Mr Whitrock and Mt Chrysler both I think made that point to me... anyhows, good job!

;)

I had no idea it would get such good reviews:D

It is arownd 35lbs, and it uses the stock holes in the sides of the body to mount it. I could duplicate it for arownd $70, and 2 days of work. And it's VERY stout! It takes my winch in the rcever, and never moves at all when I'm pulling.

Sorry Soobme, but despite all those rave reviews, I'm not really impressed. Way too home-made. It's only redeeming feature is it was cheap.

Here's a real bar for a EA82 - full bumper replacement.

Walkabout.jpg

Of interest in the background is the Walkabout Creek Hotel at Mackinlay in Western Queensland, used for that Dundee movie.

Clint... EA82 bars are near impossible to find in the U.S. Those roo-bars you guys have would cost WAY to much to purchase and ship to the US.

The bar that Tony made looks great, and its real funtional. Where is the reciever hitch on your roo bar? Where is your winch mount?

I would take Soobme's bar over your roo bar anyday.

-Brian

not to nit-pick; but he did say REVIEVER HITCH - not tow-hooks, its big differnce if you need to use the reciver hitch

By the way - I like those bars more than the next guy, but he wasn't saying "LOOK LOOK MY BUMPER IS BETTER" He made it from raw materials for (i've priced this out) at most 1/10th the cost of that bar. I respect him for it, I still think it looks cool - you have the right to your own opinion though, just stating mine...

- Erik - Tacoma, wa -

Yeah it is horses for courses. I just didn't want Soobme to get a swelled head with all those rave reviews. Thought I'd show him something really good looking, something to aspire to when next he takes up his welder.

Of course, Camo had to go one better :mad:

I've never had an inkling to use a receiver hitch on the front. That would admit that you might need to be towed someday.

Sorry Soobme, but despite all those rave reviews, I'm not really impressed. Way too home-made.

If you had made yours Clint, I would say I was impressed. Nice job Tony, I've always thought those huge roo bars on the AU cars looked rediculous and way too huge.

Nice to meet you btw.

EZ

Tony, that guard is very cool..you could probably make a pretty penny from us suckers that don't have the time/equipment to make our own. I know I would shell out the dough for that. I have a friend in medford.. next time I am up there, I will look you up.. would really like to have a closer look at that

Great Job

That spoob is pimp! Dont mind the bias critisizm from those fancy brush guards people :) For a do it yourself job that is top notch. One thing I noticed it could use is maybe some "clip in" or quick bolt on mesh guards for the lights for when you hit the trail. But for the ride home it looks fly with the lights open like that.

2 Gold Stars :D

Are those ALUMINUM?!? They look GREAT, but I'd hate to hit a deer with one, I saw what it did to mountan griz's steel bar. Aluminum would not hold up as well on the trails around here, my buddy had one from oz land on his Toyota PU. That lasted 2 runs before it was so mangeld that we had to take it off.:eek:

I think that it looks awesome. I'd be more than willing to fork over the money if/when i have i enough. The only thing i think it is lacking is a place to mount offroad lights.

Maybe something could be rigged up to go into the hitch mounts for lights, like a bar of them, and have them abel to disconnect, like trailer lights somehow...? I dunno, just rambling i guess.

Still, I think it looks awesome! So does your rig, with the lift and everything! Good luck with it.

Yea, I do need to add some light tabs and lights to it. I like the idea of " snap on " light grills! I think I will add somting like that to it, thanks! As for the Oz bull bars, I mean NO OFFENCE, they just arent my taste. But seeing them is good insperation for making my stuff that much better, and out of STEEL.