Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello All - Need Help with Justy

Hey everyone, I just bought a 1988 Subaru Justy and am looking for some good resources into turning it into a rally machine. I am new to this forum and was wondering if there was anything like the Unibomber's Manifesto (Nasioc) on this forum? And where can I find parts(OEM&performance) for the old Justy? Thanks in advance!

Really, there are no performance parts for a Justy. However, since I work at a SUBARU dealer, I can certinly help you out in the OE parts department.

The best thing to do to get that thing rallyx capable is have some good struts and tires on it. If you dont care about what class you are running in or daily drivability/creature comforts...strip that interior out all the way!

Delta Cam might could make a cam grind for it...and you might could get a good exhaust shop locally to make a good header-back exhaust for it.

The next best thing is to get Megaquirt and Spark, for total engine management....fuel injection and DIS....and work on a nice intake system as well. I would not be suprised to see 75+ hp from one built like so.

You can also call around to some places that make/get rods and pistons...might could get some higher compression/lighter parts for more power output.

THere are also a few...VERY FEW...that have actually turbocharged a Justy. You will CERTINLY need a new clutch setup to handle that power.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

My regular parts source Hal's Parts and Service ( www.halspartsandservice.com ) has several Justy's in his yard, but other than knowing they are there I can't tell you much about them. (he is 4 hrs drive away from me too!) 1st thing I would do reguardless is convert to FI, it would boost you to 73 hp. and it was available on Justys from 90-94. FI makes a BIG difference. or a Weber carb might also work. I have NO real expierence with turbos, so I really don't know how to do it. I know you would have to lower the compression ratio though, and that could be difficult.

My regular parts source Hal's Parts and Service ( www.halspartsandservice.com ) has several Justy's in his yard, but other than knowing they are there I can't tell you much about them. (he is 4 hrs drive away from me too!) 1st thing I would do reguardless is convert to FI, it would boost you to 73 hp. and it was available on Justys from 90-94. FI makes a BIG difference. or a Weber carb might also work. I have NO real expierence with turbos, so I really don't know how to do it. I know you would have to lower the compression ratio though, and that could be difficult.

85sub4WD, how far is this place from asheboro, and do the regularly have used parts for older subarus? Ever seince I got down here I havent been able to find a jy in town that even messes around with many subarus, especialy older ones

Anybody with info on Turboing a justy???
http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10607&highlight=turbo+justy

aam.thumb.jpgaan.thumb.jpgaak.thumb.jpg

You want more resources? Post here:

http://subarujusty.proboards20.com/

I'll see you there. :drunk:

BTW: DumbUglyDragon, change the title of your post to include 'Justy' if you could. It'll make it easier to find months/years down the road when someone else asks the same question as you or if you want to use it as a resource. :)