Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Liberty visors hard to come by

genspec

Hi All,

my first post here so please be gentle :) I have tried many searches but not found much that helps me. I have a 92 Liberty GX AWD. Both the sun visors are broken. The shaft on the passenger side one is completely broken and the driver's side one won't stay up.

I am having a terrible time trying to find replacement parts. the local Subaru dealer wants $205 AUD each and the wreckers quoted me $220 AUD for the pair. Unfortunately, the wrecker, who told me that he had some available, got back to me later to say that the parts were no longer in the car.

I have talked to another wrecker since and was told that this is a known problem with this car and the visors are generally the first parts to go when they get one in for wrecking.

Does anybody know if there are visors from another vehicle that may be easier to come by that will fit ?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. You don't realise how much you use the visors until you don't have them.

Regards

All the first gen legacies/liberties have the same problem. The shaft that the visor is on is made out of plastic, and uses a cornered edge to keep the visor up. Over time, this edge wears, and the visor won't stay up.

I've tried mucking with it, and never really got it to work properly. I ended up buying a new visor.

• 7 months later...

There are some on ebay at the moment....I got mine from EKW wreckers in Melbourne and they were $80 each.

Hi All,

my first post here so please be gentle :) I have tried many searches but not found much that helps me. I have a 92 Liberty GX AWD. Both the sun visors are broken. The shaft on the passenger side one is completely broken and the driver's side one won't stay up.

I am having a terrible time trying to find replacement parts. the local Subaru dealer wants $205 AUD each and the wreckers quoted me $220 AUD for the pair. Unfortunately, the wrecker, who told me that he had some available, got back to me later to say that the parts were no longer in the car.

I have talked to another wrecker since and was told that this is a known problem with this car and the visors are generally the first parts to go when they get one in for wrecking.

Does anybody know if there are visors from another vehicle that may be easier to come by that will fit ?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. You don't realise how much you use the visors until you don't have them.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...