Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 Possible conversions.

Shockey

Alrighty now, I have a Impreza 2000 2.2L and Want to swap to either a EJ20T or anything else haha, my crankshaft bearing is going out due to the person who drove it before me. I baught this car for $5,000 and it needs a motor pronto. Anyway I was thinking of the ej20t.. Can this be done? What would I have to do to beable to do this? What parts would I need? If the ej20t won't work what will work with still having it upgraded? Thanks.

you will need the ecu, main harness and entire wiring harness,and of course the engine, for the car, and a FSM (factory service manual) or a couple of chiltons and haynes manuals, one for each car. is your car automatic? you will also need the ej20 engine crossmember for the exhaust clearance, unless you want to chop yours up and "augment" it, crossmember needs to be from same type car, i.e. impreza, legacy, etc. and i think you might need the ej20 axles just for safety sake, stock axles arent ment to handle 230 hp compared to 110 or 140. and besides that, i know we always say this, do a search, cuz us people cant remember all the details you know.

~Josh~

It is manual, and now I'm having trouble finding a motor, I e-mailed nippon motors about one they have and they sent me a e-mail back about a 2.5rs motor witch I don't want if I can get this, Plus is a $1,000 more. If any of you know where to get a EJ20T, That would be awesome.

I need a ECU and WIring harness then? Ok Where do I get those I can search it up but maybe you guys can help me find better sites and or prices, that I won't beable to just search. Thanks.