Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subiesport 1400DL Historic Rally Project *56k beware*

The EA71 was available in that Stage I body configuration.You just swap that dash VIN and make it a '76 or '77 stage I.More competitive.

The 1400's did have headgasket issues but this version you have is the revised edition without the wet cylinder sleeves.Note the two exhaust ports still used today.Before that it was the quad exhaust that mated with the sloppy sleeved engine.

So,you do kind of have a somewhat reliable engine if you want to keep it going.If not,I expect you'll be contacting me to sell it.LOL

Too bad you can't find another coupe like the one I just got from Pat in Moxee.Following the '72 rally in Puerto Rico,Subaru really started making the effort here and elsewhere.But,you knew that.

If we haven't convinced you to go resto,shove the 1600 in there and have a freakin blast!!Again,you'll still be within rules as long as you call it a '76 or '77.

Just be sure to beat Jason.hahaha!!!

• 4 months later...

Short update: I finally got the title--just need to transfer now. Seems the paperwork was, erm, a little hard to find amongst the mess my grandfather calls his workshop. All work has been on hold pending the title, though we do have a short intro in the August issue of Subiesport mag.

R

thanks Mick cause I was wanting to see what it was and stuff cause of friend of mine was going to give me his mag to see it but never happened

anywho that grill looks different than my 76 wierd

and if you need help holler cause I am sorta going to go down the same trail as you but with a twist cause unlike what these guys are suggesting I am going to challenge myself with a megasquirted and turboed EA-81 w/ 5sp d/r swap when I start on the resto mod and also going to do other things like also experiment with the rear disc conversion cause found out the front hubs will fit the rear shafts quite nicely (for those of you who don't know the u-joint halfshaft equiped cars have larger stubs in the rear than the DOJ equiped cars) and might be actualy heavier duty and then the LSD conversion mentioned in another thread that will be seing if those said u-joint shafts will mate up to the lsd with no problem

but yeah PM me if you want to know anything else and btw here is my 76 4WD :grin: :

249P0001428-med.JPG

249P0001424-med.JPG

249P0001426-med.JPG