Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I know someone asked this a few weeks ago, but I have more questions...

My clutch (original, on my 93 Leg Wagon AWD 2.2) is starting to show the tell tale signs of clutch failure... (Slipping in 5th when looking to accelerate to pass a slow moving person in the fast lane...) Based on everyone's experiences, what brands to look for ?? avoid ??? New ?? Re-Man ??

I remember from years ago (10 or more, when I was an Auto Mechanics Apprentice) when my clutch fell apart on my Dodge Dakota, I was told (by my journeyman) not to buy a re-man, because they sucked... He'd had several fail shortly after install, and had to replace with a new one anyway... Is this still true ?? (I never finished my apprenticeship, I got into electronics, computers, phones, etc instead)

Thanks to all who reply in advance...

I can't speak to the clutch for the 2.2l, but my old GL wagon got an Exedy clutch kit, my Saturn got on Exedy kit, and my RX-7 just recently got an Exedy kit. When it's time for my Legacy wagon, it'll probably get an Exedy kit as well. They're not anything real special, but they're good OE replacements and they're not real expensive.

Do yourself a favor though and get the full kit. It's worth the extra couple bucks and the extra 30 minutes to do the bearings while you're in there anyway.

I have done 2 clutch jobs in my shop in the last month. Each time, i have recommended the kit that subaru sells. I comes with the clutch disk, pressure plate, and flywheel&bearing. Then I just order the throwout bearing and your set. I usually charge $650 for the service.

Do yourself a favor though and get the full kit. It's worth the extra couple bucks and the extra 30 minutes to do the bearings while you're in there anyway.

I was planning on that... Better safe than sorry I always say... Don't want to have the throw out bearing start squawking a month later... Or worse