Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brian's subaru in burien? UPDATE!

anyone know if steve's subaru in burien is still going strong? have to pick up the wife at seatac tomorrow morning and am in the middle of changing plugs and wires on the subie...plugs and wires on the passenger side was fine but the front plug is stuck and the back plug wire is stuck on the drivers side also cant get the coil wire off the distributor...with all my pulling and twisting and stuff on the wires(yes, i gripped down low...boy, that sure doesnt sound right :) ), i hope i didnt loosen anything, car seems to idle ok so i guess its cool but would like this to be done "professionaly" :D

thought i would just stop by and see if they could fit me in real quicklike..as i work retail and dont get many days off during the week :(

well, tis a good thing i went this morning...stopped by to have them remove a plug/take a wire off another plug/take coil wire off disty and maybe do the timing...he finally had to use a breaker bar on the stubborn plug...used some real nice long needle nose spark plug wire pullers on the other one...got the timing done and then, well, the coil was another story...the wire had welded/melted itself inside the tower...they had never seen anything like it! so, replace cap right? well, none of their caps fit so they had to go next door to b&b to find the correct cap and the one that fit is suppose to fit a 86 subie w/hitachi carb! so sometime in the past the disty was changed...

anyway, all is well and kudo's to steve and the mechanic who worked on it(wasnt bryan), and i can highly recommend them!! wish they were closer but there ya go :D

alan

Nothing personal, but just as well we didn't try to do this here; you wouldv'e been parked here for a few days with the results of our trying to fix what was the issue.

well, tis a good thing i went this morning...stopped by to have them remove a plug/take a wire off another plug/take coil wire off disty and maybe do the timing...he finally had to use a breaker bar on the stubborn plug...used some real nice long needle nose spark plug wire pullers on the other one...got the timing done and then, well, the coil was another story...the wire had welded/melted itself inside the tower...they had never seen anything like it! so, replace cap right? well, none of their caps fit so they had to go next door to b&b to find the correct cap and the one that fit is suppose to fit a 86 subie w/hitachi carb! so sometime in the past the disty was changed...

anyway, all is well and kudo's to steve and the mechanic who worked on it(wasnt bryan), and i can highly recommend them!! wish they were closer but there ya go :D

alan