Ultimate Subaru Message Board

High mileage poll

There was a GL wagon that was for sale by an old timer up the road that had 335k on the ticker. Left a softball sized puddle of oil when left out overnight, but ran like a champ. Had like 250k on the clutch. :eek:

I know my Datsun 280ZX has 225k on her, and my Bronco has 362k on the frame. :D (1200 on the engine.. yes its on its fourth)

Just curious, but, what's the highest mileage subaru YOU've ever heard of?

480,000 kms, i found it at a wrecker, it still drove well (apparently), but had been inovoled in a rather major accident. Managed to score a dash and some other stuff from it, all in pretty mint condition!

I had a 82 Hatch that was just ready to turn over 300K when I got t-boned. I had replaced the engine with another used one about 15k prior to that. The car was like new and the original owner made yearly trips to Whistler, Aspen and a couple other Ski digs.

I remember somebody on the board saying they either had owned or had known the owner of a gen 1 brat that after rebuilding the original engine twice had over 700k on it. That's not abnormal for the engine, but for all the running gear, electrical, and whatnot to hold up for that long is quite impressive.

For longest running engine without a rebuild, somebody also said that they had a gen 1 wagon with a confirmed 516k on it.

The Subi with the highest mileage I have seen in my life here in Austria was a 1987 Leone GL Station with 328.000km on the clock.

We do not have such high mileages here in europe, so 328.000 is quite much.

Look at the mileage of my Soob ;) !

L

about 5 years ago I was at the local subaru dealership, and saw a picture of an 86 or 87 subaru wagon that was at the parts counter proudly displayed. When I asked what the big deal was, he told me that the car was owned by a local salesman who brought it in for service since brand new, and it had over 796,000 miles on it and the block had never been gone into.........Subarus are amazing!

Ken

These cars that are leaving a lot of oil, could that just be an oil pump leak?

Seems a shame to prematurely assume there's something wrong with the engine if its just the oil pump.

I'm closing in on 260,000 original engine, 81 DL wagon.