Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dynomax Turbo Muffler for RX Turbo

Hey all,

I'd like to purchase a 2.5" Dynomax turbo muffler for my RX Turbo. I like the Dynomax brand because of I saw their benefits with my XT6s and I LOVE their sound. My question is, does anyone know what specific model of Dynomax muffler I can purchase that will fit in where the stock exhaust muffler is? I'd like to order this muffler within the next two hours. Thanks!

BTW: I saw a cheap Cherry Bomb muffler at Autozone that I could get but I didn't like the way the inside diameter was shaped. It had 'louvered' (sp?) core piping inside. I remember reading in a magazine how this affects exhaust flow so I tend to stay away from mufflers with internals built that way. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

the cherry bomb is a nice muffler, its what i have on my rx. it doesnt hurt enough to be boticeable aas compared to no muffler. aside from that, it is inspection legal i md, it will pass inspection, now if only the rest of the car would.

You know something? I just came to the realization on my way home from work that his isn't going to be some show car. It's rusted to hell on the bottom of it. I'm going to go back to Autozone today and get that Cherry Bomb I was looking at previously. Time to get this 'ish' done and over with. I just didn't want it to be too loud. Thanks!

I'm running one of those cheap "Cherry Bomb" mufflers. I think it sounds great.

And to make things worse.....I'm running mine in the reverse flow direction :dead:

Runs great backwards! That was the only way/angle I could get it in. I think they are great mufflers.

My .02

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

post-584-136027598877_thumb.jpg

I just got into an 'argument' with the sales guy at Autozone. He practically begged me not to get the Cherry Bomb muffler they had (which was about $25.00). He said it would be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. :eek: He stated I'd be better off getting a muffler at the shop finishing off my exhaust. Hrrmmm! I trust you guys opinion. I'll know what's up by Friday when I get it all done up.

Kevin: When I was in NC back in Nov. WJM stopped by the motel to see me and the wife. He was driving his Rx with a c-bomb on the back. I believe my exact comment to him was "that sounds f'n sweet. Wow that sounds f'n good"

If the guy at autozone doesn't want you to buy it....go to another store. Screw them. BTW, I thought c-bombs were like $15.

Do it damn it....

Matt

TOO loud with TWE pipes.
Yeah, when I had the TWE pipes w/ 2.5" straight out the back i got complaints from the nieghbors, one guy even threatened to phone the landlord, he looked really distressed when I told him that I owned the place:lol:. It's quieter now the stink eyes where killing me.:lol:

I run a glass pack now and its a little anoying on long drives at speed. I think if I extend the pipe out a little further it might be quieter. idle noise is ok. it does tend to pop on decel too. have not got a chance to figure that out. the tone is great.

from what I learned over years of playing with exhaust is if you have more pipe AFTER the muffler it really gets quieter. if you just put a muffler on and no pipe behind it or it ends under the car. its really loud then.

I just got into an 'argument' with the sales guy at Autozone. He practically begged me not to get the Cherry Bomb muffler they had (which was about $25.00). He said it would be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. :eek: He stated I'd be better off getting a muffler at the shop finishing off my exhaust. Hrrmmm! I trust you guys opinion. I'll know what's up by Friday when I get it all done up.

Don't listen to that stupid sales man. I love the sound it makes. It isn't loud and it is anything but obnoxious. I think you should totally get one. You wont regret it.:brow: