Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found brat stuffs onlione tonight

The projector wannabe lights replace H6054 lights. The 6054 is used in the DL, 2 light models. Only those with two, 200mm lamps. Either way, they suck. A poor excuse for a headlamp.. especially at $50 each! :eek:

Hell, the 490 watts I have running out of my headlamps now cost me less than $85. That was for a set of FOUR E-Code lamps (H4 hi/low and H1 highs), and customized relay harness. Please.... :rolleyes:

Ah grasshopper, the grass is not always greener... :lol:

Yes it would be different.. a bit too different IMO. Looks like you've got a damn zit growing in the middle of your headlight. Can I pop it? :lol:

I see they list them as having glass lenses. Whats the housing made of? Most likely its plastic, being from china and all. The plastic housing would not allow you to run any higher wattage bulbs. If you did, you'd melt the housing. Either way, $50/ea is just a bit too rich for my blood. I dunno. If you've got a 2 light DL setup, they'd swap in fine if you really want to do it.

If you really want some projector lamps.. check these out:

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

I've been considering getting a set of those to swap into my Bronco to get rid of the stupid big plastic aerodynamic lights. I'd have to fab it all up, including a cover to fill in the large gap that would be left around the modules, but I think it would look wicked with four pod lights instead of the huge volvo-esque plastic housings. Think 96ish Acura Integra lights..thats what they look like installed. :brow:

I think I should post up the sources I had for my E-codes and part numbers.. the harness was an off the shelf style upgrade harness with some re-routing between the relays to deal with the quirky Subaru ground switching setup. The lamps themselves are glass housings with polished aluminum reflectors. Best upgrade I have ever done to any of my fleet.

Anywho, the GF just called and has requested that I rush over there to "see her". Gee.. "see her" or post up boring headlight facts? I'll post later!