Ultimate Subaru Message Board

after much distress it runs

I got it running, but if fought me. I had gotten some parts cleaner into the floatbowl, and it doesnt burn, so the car wouldnt start at all, too hours of waiting and trying to get it to start.

Also, water is coming up out of the intake bolts. No idea of an easy fix for that.

Wow the oil pressure looks good, comes right up and stays mid to high depending on rpm. I happened to find the missing checkball, came out overnight from the oilpan. Not something I want to think about too much.

Yamabond works great in place of the waterpump gasket. I think that when I crack the block next year or so Ill use that for the sealant.

I am ordering the headbolt tool tomorrow, even though its spendy (retail is 42). I will use it to retorque to make sure its accurate, just hope my baby holds together for the week.

Cheers,

Alex

ya those first couple of days after a major undertaking can be a little stressful, just keep your eye on the gauges.

If you have a bench grinder you can make your own headbolt socket for the cost of a 3 inch extention and a 17mm socket. Made my own and it saved me a lot of headache. Good luck!