Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coilovers for ALL Leones.

WJM

Made by D2 Motorsports.

Min. buy in of 5 sets, FRONT AND REAR. These are fully adjustable coilovers for the Leones, and a direct bolt in. Adjustable dampening and height.

$1300 shipped to your door step.

I am in for 1 set, i just need 4 more to commit and pre-pay.

Any takers?

Do you know the specs? Dampening, spring rate, mounted length, I don't know what else to ask but I'm curious.

Whats the advantage over my RX stuff? Sorry, I'm learning...

Specs are whatever you want. Its a custom job after all.

The advantage over the RX stuff is....height control, spring rate/dampening rate control....which in turn makes the car feel 10000% better than before. Even the basic DMS Gold 40MM coilovers with 180/180 spings on an RS (stock is almost that rating), the car feels SOOOOO much better over stock due to the dampening control.

Basically, these will make a Leone GLUED to the road. You can use them for rally/rallycross/autox/road racing or show show and tell.

There is no deadline so tto speak...but I'm not going to wait forever...I want some SOON. If I have to I'll jsut have them make a one off for me.

So all five sets don't need to be the same? Am I correct to assume with adustable dampers, that would all be the same but could be ordered with different spring rates and then springs would be available to change in the future?

I have no idea what would be ideal for me, anyway to figure that out? I use my RX for Rallycross, where I understand real stiff suspension can be a negative but I may upgrade to some Rally Sprints or maybe even some Stage Rally at some point. Do you have an idea what ratio (front stiffness compared to rear stiffness) of spring rates front and rear would allow a nice balance? Is stock ratio pretty close?

Sorry for all the questions.

What if you are a person who's not so experienced at adjusting your suspension settings? Is there an off the shelf setting you can get? Thanks!

just the basic "base line" is what you need and just dont touch anything on it until you are ready to start messing with things.

So all five sets don't need to be the same? Am I correct to assume with adustable dampers, that would all be the same but could be ordered with different spring rates and then springs would be available to change in the future?

I have no idea what would be ideal for me, anyway to figure that out? I use my RX for Rallycross, where I understand real stiff suspension can be a negative but I may upgrade to some Rally Sprints or maybe even some Stage Rally at some point. Do you have an idea what ratio (front stiffness compared to rear stiffness) of spring rates front and rear would allow a nice balance? Is stock ratio pretty close?

Sorry for all the questions.

No, as long as they are the same bolt up and same basic lenghts...different springs and dampening ratings with springs should be fine.

You can send them to get revalved for different springs...but with adjustable ones, which these are, you can use many different rates and not send it off for revalve.

A good rally suspension is about 2x stock with proper dampening. The baseline ones would be perfect for that.

Stock is technically horrible....but the way the car is setup over all its fine.

Id start with an even ratio, say 400/400 and go from there. With GR2's I have 250/400....and its a little pusy on R compund tires but is well balanced on street tires.