Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX Turbo Stock vs TechWorks Dyno Results Big Pics

• 8 months later...

You guys ever look into new chips for the computers? Did you know that the computer has a socket already soldered into it for a chip trans-plant? I am wondering, since the subaru boys used to run rally with these cars I wonder if there are a few re-mapped chips out there somewhere... They built the computer for a new chip....I'd expect to be laughed at calling subaru about such a proposition, but ya never know. Any Ideas? I wonder if STI even existed "back in the day" LoL

Hummm GL-10 STI....has a ring to it... Or for you RX boys Rx-STI

I especially like Loyale RX-T...may she rest in piece... *sulk*

• 11 years later...

***Old Thread***

Haven't been on the board in ages.     I plan on getting rid of a few things in my basement.    Just wanted to give a heads up that I'll be selling this turbokit.  I was holding on to it after my old RX Turbo's frame rusted to death, in the hopes of getting another RX turbo or XT turbo to put it on.   Turns out my turbo Subaru Outback, modified XT6, supercharged RAV4 and modified Honda Fit it taking up all my time.   I will probably never own another old school Subaru again.  Happy with my Impreza and XT6.

That said, I will post current pics of it.  It'll be on sell for $150.  I am in no rush to sell and if no-one is interested, that's cool because I know as soon as I sell it, someone will probably be knocking on my door with an RX turbo car or something ridiculous.    :D     I just want to put this this out there early on.   

There was nothing wrong with the turbo and piping when I removed it.  The car was running fantastic.  Was just about to crank the boost but the frames and suspension were so rusted, it actually fell down on itself on a lift at a Subaru dealership.  Lol..too funny!    Enough of the story.  Just giving a heads up.   I'll post up some current pics when I get around to it.   But yeah, $150 for the piece.

Is this even available anymore?   

• Like 1

I'll take those parts. TWE header and downpipe plus turbo? Come with anything else?

My apologies. It looks like it is just the turbo and up-pipe.   With that mistake, price reduced to $110.  Trying to attach some pics.

Edited by Myxalplyx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If its a TWE, it should be 1 solid piece header (uppipe is part of the header).

TWE ran the same turbo themselves and claimed to have made a ea82 wagon faster than stock bugeye wrx's in the 1/4 mile.. with these mods:
TWE Stainless steel header with merged collector
Top mounted intercooler (Saab 9-3)
TWE Modded intake with stainless mandrel bent intake.
TWE 2.5" mandrel bent down pipe with high flow cat (Random Tech) and TWE 2.5" Stainless Cat back with HO stainless muffler.
Auxillary injector ....pressure controlled, pulse width modulated. TWE fabricated.
Garret GT17 dual ceramic ball bearing housing Turbo running 15~16 pounds of boost.
Manual 5 speed conversion with 3.90 diffs. LSD rear

(I don't doubt this but as someone who has blown up a few ea82t's above 20psi, it's kind of a question of how long will it last)

Edited by Ibreakstuff
  • Like 1