Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mechanic in South Vancouver Island

CV's aren't that hard to replace. Not as fun when the weather is bad and you dont have a garage though. I have gotten mine from crappy tire and they come with a lifetime warranty. So far they have been holding up well. What sort of further work are you looking to do?

I need to get some stuff done to my 89 GL10 and wondering is anyone is interested or knows anyone that is interested in doing some work. My CV jt. is needing replacing and I would like to look into further mod'ing my car. I'm in Victoria and work in Saanich. You can email me at jazzician@shaw.ca

Simon

If you've got the time, Clemens Automotive in Duncan. Dennis apprenticed at a Subaru dealership and now has a shop at his house. He is in high demand as he is a very good mechanic that is very honest at 60.00 an hour...in fact I'm dropping my 91 loyale at his place today.

Yeah, crappy tires doesn't have listings for the back ones. i can't remember the part numbers... but I know places like Gorge, NAPA, or whoever you like in Vic should have a listing for them.

slightly off topic .......

whats the part numbers at crappy ?

i was looking to get a rear one for my '90 loyale

and was told you couldn't get it :{

the back is a different one from the front yes ??

Well, when I reach non-poor status, I was wanting to lift it a bit w/ a suspension mod so I can take it off-roading. Not so much performance mods. I'm pretty happy with it currently. Maybe an intercooler or boost control. Not sure. I guess to discuss it with a mech as to what makes sense.

Simon

CV's aren't that hard to replace. Not as fun when the weather is bad and you dont have a garage though. I have gotten mine from crappy tire and they come with a lifetime warranty. So far they have been holding up well. What sort of further work are you looking to do?

Call Saltair in Duncan. Lots of parts (I've heard, never been) and the guy helped me alot with whats what on the phone. I wouldn't mind knowing the name of a decent subaru shop in Vic as well just for the times I'm stumped and need questions answered in person. When I was a vee-dub nut, Beetle auto haus was always great for that kind of thing, Robert's the man. But alas I'm selling my 72' camper van and am now forever a Subaru man.

I seem to just come and search on the board or post a question if I cant find an answer to some problem I am having. The Haynes repair manual is also useful to have around. I am not particularly fond of any shops in Vic. Sometimes I will go if something is really seized on (damn rusty prone climate) but other than that I try to do it myself. Seem to have less and less time for that these days though.

Call Saltair in Duncan. Lots of parts (I've heard, never been) and the guy helped me alot with whats what on the phone. I wouldn't mind knowing the name of a decent subaru shop in Vic as well just for the times I'm stumped and need questions answered in person. When I was a vee-dub nut, Beetle auto haus was always great for that kind of thing, Robert's the man. But alas I'm selling my 72' camper van and am now forever a Subaru man.

Well, when I reach non-poor status, I was wanting to lift it a bit w/ a suspension mod so I can take it off-roading. Not so much performance mods. I'm pretty happy with it currently. Maybe an intercooler or boost control. Not sure. I guess to discuss it with a mech as to what makes sense.

You probly won't get much positive feed back from a mech, when I was getting ready to soup up the gl-10 all of the mechanics I met were dicks, nothing but attitude based on ignorance. One guy tried to tell me subies were from Aus.:rolleyes: probly a fan of Paul Hogan. When I had my first twagon I asked a guy about turning the boost up and he told me that "these old motors would just fly apart and it would be dangerous". If you want some info on mod options and their reliability ask around here, there is so much info in old threads. There's always somebody who'll try to stear you in the right direction even if you are a wussy Canuck that can't stand freedom :lol:.

Yah, I heard that there is a good Subie salvage yard that I'm assuming is the one in Duncan. Maybe take a day and hook up there and check it out.

Simon

I'm not in the area but if your up in my neck of the woods give me a call and we'll see what we can do to your car. A cv should run you about 150-200 bucks installed.

• 1 year later...
Same here I need a mech... I'm now an official subie owner as my ea82T HG Blew making a nice smoke show.. lol

TC Motors 2520 Rock Bay Victoria 383-5944

Mainly high end European imports but one of their mechanics drives a Subaru and is knowledgeable about repairs. I have not dealt with them, just word of mouth.