Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 (Brat) +EA82 SPFI intake stuff?

Ratty2Austin

so I moved back from MPFI and turbo, back to carburated.. and now I realised why I had converted the wagon to MPFI (EJ22)... i dont like carbs!!!

so....

i know the theory behind putting EA82 SPFI onto EA81...

ea82 disty+ea81disty gear

ea82 SPFI manifold, wiring, ecu, O2 sensor, fuel pump, MAF, etc...

bolts onto ea81 block...

if i get it all to work, theoretically i should have good gas milage, and pretty consistant running right?

anyone else succesful with this conversion? any attempts and problems/reccomendations?

anyone have some good SPFI parts they would be willing to sell/donate to the cause? (I need wiring and ECU, and maybe some other good parts)

thanks!

GL is spot on

the two items are almost apples and bananas

EA81T --- basic inductive pickup used for creating spark only

EA82 SPFI -- crank angle sensor, the ECU uses it's output

for injector firing and spark control.

gear swap- inverted with new hole in shaft for locking it

Ear needs lopped off.

I have the entire package - planning on doing the convertion

this summer - I will try it on my 85 Brat.

My 86 is running so good with the Weber, I hate to mess with it.

Good luck please keep this post active.

well, i need to get a harness, ECU, fuel pump and a good disty... anyone have some they could sell me soon? my brat failed emissions again, and i dont want to bother with the carb anymore...

im gonna go hit PAP this weekend.. see if I can gather parts there

is the spfi/mpfi/turbo disty different from one another? or does it depend on the year?

so from PAP today, i got a ECU, the attaching wires (about 8 inches from the ECU) and then i got the harness from the engine, cut off where it goes into the fender, the MAF (non flapper) wire cut to about 2 ft long, and the Disty with 2 ft of wire after the plug...

the disty came from a 87.5 spfi wagon (same non flapper style)

the rest came from a 88 spfi, both wagons, both MT.

ECU part # is 22611AA392

I need to get the plug pin diagrams, so that I can hook up the harness to it. if anyone knows where I can get that, or could get it for me- that would be very helpful!

Im gonna see if the FSM has that info at work.. hope it will...

thanks!

I am tempted to do megasquirt, but i want to talk to someone who has done that before, so i can get an Idea of what needs to be done, or what I could do... I am good at soldering and such with small electronics, so the unassembled kit could be fine...

i spent

8.50 on wires

10.00 on ECU

21.00 on disty

so how hard , or what part is the hardest to do with megasquirt?

well, I think I am going to go with the stock ECU and such, and if I cant get it to go, then I will use MS.... so now I just need to get the pinout for the specific ECU... the one in the USRM didnt have the correct color codes on the harness? the plugs were the same WxL and such, but the wires didnt seem to be in the same places as far as colors go.. so I want to verify with the specific year/ P/N in the 88 FSM...