Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1972 subaru GSR vs 1976 Datsun 180B

Guest subarugsr

Guest subarugsr

Could anyone tell me how my car would do against my mates datsun 180B, i know his is an 1800 and mine is only a 1400 but i was hoping the datsuns mite b ****... i doubt it but...

cheers

Guest WagonsOnly

Datsuns are known for (a) dripping oil on the clutch plate and (B) disintegrating into little brown heaps of rust, so--wait another couple years and your friend's Datsun will be dusted. Also, I'm not familiar with Datsuns of that vintage, nor your Subaru--but weight would seem to be on your side, and I believe?? the 180B was rear wheel drive. So you should have two significant advantages there. (Where he might have better handling, you'd definitely have better traction and straight-off-the-line acceleration. This is purely speculation.)

Andrew

Guest subarugsr

cheers andrew, yea ive seen it... it aint gona be rusting out in a couple of years.. and he's got the money to rid it of the rust so.. all i can hope for is.. DETONATION! hope my take off is up to scratch but right now my clutch is shagged... anything would beat me off the line!

Guest carfreak85

rear wheel drive is better for drag racing, usually better for handeling and just about anything else you can think of. FWD is better in snow though.