Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej20det? or ej20t? Conversion.

Shockey

I do think it's important to point out that the twin turbo WRX that was discovered in Aus didn't come like that from factory and Subaru never released the WRX with the twin tubo setup.

ummm....that WRX was in dunedin.....not aussie......sorry if i didn't mention that

Lol, quite a coincidence being sighted in Dunedin. Odd how I don't know about it. A WRX that has had a twin snail conversion would be quite well known, especially in a small place like Dunedin.

I know of 2 people doing full custom twin turbo setups here in MN. one on an EG33, and the other on an EZ30DR.

but bother are parrallel. and, in all reality, with tuning and other technology where it is today, there isn't much need for 2 turbos on a 4-cyl. sequential or otherwise. although I'm sure it's been done.

I would think 2 VF7's on a EA82T is more fun than a TD04, but that's just me ;)

and NO I don't think it would be wiser, faster, better than a single TD04, but way cooler, and that's all that counts :lol:

i was playing with that idea for a little while, its doable, just need to figure out the cooling and oil lines for the secondary turbo. that was what kinda got the brain working, lol.

yea, if you want to see some crazy stuff....look up "PHATsuby's crazy project" (thread title) in the NASIOC legacy section. That's the TT EZ30DR that I was referring to. he's doing some really cool, and extremely unique stuff to make that work. and the oil circulation system he had to use is insanity!