Ultimate Subaru Message Board

who makes our turbo?

Lets Try This Again

I H I

http://www.ihi.com :confused:

http://i-h-i.com/ :-\

Welp.....what does 'I' 'H' 'I' mean? :lol: You gotta be specific for the peeps.

Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries

Company Information:

I H I Turbo America

W. Rte. 16, R.R. 4, Box 36

Shelbyville, Illinois

Zip: 62565

Phone: 217-774-9571

Fax: 217-774-3834

Email :

Now for confusion! Hey Arch, aren't some of the stock turbos VF7s and such? I'm a newb to this stuff so no bashing. :cool:

Well, I think I can answer that question. Yes some came with VF7s. I was lucky enough to have one. But I have plans to get the compressor housing bored and get a different compressor put into it by a company called Blaylock-Turbo. Here is what Jim Blaylock at Blaylock Turbo told me in refernce to my email:

JIm Blaylock <sales@blaylock-turbo.com> wrote:

Patrick we can bore out your compressor housing, put larger wheel in it and polish the housing for better air flow. We can lighten the turbine wheel for a little quicker spool up.

Your cost is $400.00. This does not include basic rebuild. If you need everything rebuilt also before the upgrade the total cost is $795.00.

Thanks,

Jim
----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Saturday, February 05, 2005 11:37 PM

Subject:
Got a quick question about a turbocharger performance upgrade

Hi! I found your company's website while I was doing a search and I was very interested in my find. Anyway, I was wondering if your company can do anything performance wise to an IHI RHB5 VF7 turbocharger? If so, please send me an email back with any information as soon as possible.

Thank You very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Patrick Z.

I know it would be cheaper to do a TD04 conversion, but before I try that, I figured I would see what could be done with the stock turbo to increase performance.

how many turbo manufacturers are there?

garrett

ihi

mitsubishi

what else, other than the strictly aftermarket guys K K K and the like.

Well, let's see. There is:

IHI, Garrett, Mitsubishi, Holset, Hitachi, KKK, Turbonetics, Schwitzer, Rayjay, Toyota, Rotamaster, Airesearch(Garrett subsidiary), Banks, Caterpillar(industrial turbochargers), Precision Turbo.......... These are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.