Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Roo home safe and sound!

After driving down to West Virginia with no misshaps, just 3 hours later then planned. :)

We got to Steves to pick up the new roo. I watch him change the timing belts (hard to get two sets of hands in there). We trippled up the exhuast gasket on the driver side where the bolt is stripped to make it quiet enuff to drive home.

Had coolant problems at first, but once on the road it did fine.

My wife and I spent the nite at a hotel once we made it back into PA. Made the rest of trip home no problem.

The shift was loose so we hit a walmart and I picked up a shifter and pedal combo. Looks very nice. I still gotta detail the car so I apologize for the mess. :-p

P0004754.JPG

P0004756.JPG

P0004757.JPG

I got a chance to install these items while Shelli fed the baby at a rest stop.

Only mishap that I just found was a hub broke on the way home. You can see it in the picture. :rolleyes:

Oh, those stupid el cheapo hubcaps I used. If I had had some genuine Subaru caps laying around I'd have given you them instead. Not like you'll be using the 13's for long anyway. :D

Glad to know the car made it home, I was really worried about that cooling issue. Guess it was just an air bubble or something.

How'd the exhaust hold up?

Can't wait to see what kind of things you'll end up doing to this car. Seems like it's going to be quite the beast.

I have already put the XT seats in. :brow:

They are much more comfortable then the loyal seats. The moving up and down option makes all the difference in the world.

BTW Trogdor... I found the bolts for the back seat. :) They were under the seat belts trim so I got them put back in.

Now I just need a grey back seat and some new wheels. And we should be ready to get muddy. :grin:

I have already put the XT seats in. :brow:

They are much more comfortable then the loyal seats. The moving up and down option makes all the difference in the world.

BTW Trogdor... I found the bolts for the back seat. :) They were under the seat belts trim so I got them put back in.

Now I just need a grey back seat and some new wheels. And we should be ready to get muddy. :grin:

Bummer,I believe I just tossed a grey rear seat.If it's still there I'll let you know.

Yo Steve,did you call me yesterday?