Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Super Pro Bushing Listing....HERE!

WJM

How difficult is it to replace these bushings? If you can, get a price for a complete set for my RX.

-Brian

I can only get you whats listed there. :-p I am waiting on JWX to measure some control arms to see if that 24MM control arm bushing would work. I know the 28 is too big as is the EA82 stuff....but i want to be 100% on this. The rest is up to you guys to figure out as the sway bar stuff is pretty self explanitory....its the rod that goes back to the body from the control arm that I've not figured out.

I can only get you whats listed there. :-p I am waiting on JWX to measure some control arms to see if that 24MM control arm bushing would work. I know the 28 is too big as is the EA82 stuff....but i want to be 100% on this. The rest is up to you guys to figure out as the sway bar stuff is pretty self explanitory....its the rod that goes back to the body from the control arm that I've not figured out.

Is it the "leading rod" that you're talking about? It goes from the control arm to the body and has some bushings on the end. The tech school lost the bushings for mine and I had a heck of a time trying to get new ones because no one had ever heard of it. I called Lithia Subaru and he knew exactly what it was and had them in stock, they're like around $8.00.

I still have to get you pics of that sunroof so you can check on the gasket. The Hefty bag is keeping the seats dry for now.

...its the rod that goes back to the body from the control arm that I've not figured out.

In what way "figured out"? As in stock dimensions of stock bushing (doesn't sound likely, you being you), or what style of bushing to use as a replacement, or ???

The T/C rod on my Datsun (similar to the brake reaction rod on the subes, just pointed the other way) had several styles of replacement made for it. One was an aluminum cup (ball socket?) that went against the frame bracket and a delrin hemisphere to ride in the socket. Should also be some PU stock-style replacements. Heim joints are a little harsh...

If I am way off base, just ignore me... as usual. :grin:

ALMOST forgot: Great work! I have been planning on building my own bushings, and/or making control arms that would fit some popular app like a WRX...

l have replaced the stock rubber with this type of bush on my Brat and haven't stopped grinning yet, boy does it make a difference, the ute feels rock solid on the road and is far more responsive, the only bushes l could not get are the steering rack mounting rubbers as they are not available down here. Are they available in the states? lf so can anybody tell me who to contact as these are very high on my to do list.