Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Footage of Ken & Zap in action.

TheSubaruJunkie

Are those cars auto or manual? They seem to have more trouble than they should on that video. Although we all know that video / photos never do the terrain justice and always looks like it's heaps easier than it really is.

I've noticed doing trips in the past that auto subies ( ea81 at least ) have problems on stuff that seems effortless in a manual subie. Is that the same in your experience ?

They are manuals. The camera did lie. The exit from the creek is almost vertical. Coming out of the creek bed with very loose rocks was a bit tricky. Trust me when I say that these are very capable rigs. Most are running near stock drivetrains as well.

Rob, I got 'em and you can come see them here.

I've got a creek crossing at my place that reminds me a lot of that vid. The first time I took my old wagon across it I thought I was stuck for sure. Ended up have to turn the car around in the creek and back my way up the other side. Filled the tail pipe with about 6 inches of mud, but it made it through!

:lol:

I just picked up a new digital video cam, now I just need to put it to work. :brow:

• 2 weeks later...
Actually Eric :) I had an open rear diff as well.

What a blast I had. Wont get to do any wheeling like that for a very long time, not unless I travel up to Washington again.

-Brian

Whoops, I stand corrected. :)

We thought that was wheeling till we found the "Wall" trail. Made most of the Rubicon seem tame. hehe. That would be the trail that busted my welded diff. lol