Ultimate Subaru Message Board
TheSubaruJunkie

Footage of Ken & Zap in action.

It took me over an hour to DL the last one, I'll be dipped if I'm going to try 20M :banghead: Besides, I was there - done that :D

Cant wait for this years runs :headbang:

Are those cars auto or manual? They seem to have more trouble than they should on that video. Although we all know that video / photos never do the terrain justice and always looks like it's heaps easier than it really is.

I've noticed doing trips in the past that auto subies ( ea81 at least ) have problems on stuff that seems effortless in a manual subie. Is that the same in your experience ?

They are manuals. The camera did lie. The exit from the creek is almost vertical. Coming out of the creek bed with very loose rocks was a bit tricky. Trust me when I say that these are very capable rigs. Most are running near stock drivetrains as well.

Rob, I got 'em and you can come see them here.

that makes sense, cameras tend to do that ... nothing worse than doing something completely awesome, going home and watching the video which looks totally tame.

I've got a creek crossing at my place that reminds me a lot of that vid. The first time I took my old wagon across it I thought I was stuck for sure. Ended up have to turn the car around in the creek and back my way up the other side. Filled the tail pipe with about 6 inches of mud, but it made it through!

:lol:

I just picked up a new digital video cam, now I just need to put it to work. :brow:

nice vid... makes me wish i was not running a street only suby ... might change eventually.. but then again i would never have the time to go offorad much i think oh well

Actually Eric :) I had an open rear diff as well.

What a blast I had. Wont get to do any wheeling like that for a very long time, not unless I travel up to Washington again.

-Brian

Whoops, I stand corrected. :)

We thought that was wheeling till we found the "Wall" trail. Made most of the Rubicon seem tame. hehe. That would be the trail that busted my welded diff. lol

Great Video,

Musta been incredibly slippery,

Any damage by anyone?

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester