Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colored bumpers

Lukas

Hi! :)

I have looked at the US-brochures on this page and now I have some questions about the EA82 in the US:

In europe, only the 1989 EA82s had colored bumpers like mine:

1g.jpg

How is that in the US? Do your EA82s all have colored bumpers? Or only some modelyears?

As I said, only the 1989 EA82 had colored bumpers, all the others lookes like that:

1g.jpg

Greetings from good old europe

Lukas

87wagon.jpg

mine has the color on the bottom half on front and rear. It's an 87 GL....

from the brochures page, (pics only)

those that got colored bumpers

85 GL-10

86 None

87-89 All GL, GL-10

90-94 (Loyale) None

but that's just looking at the brochure pics...... probably some discrepancies :)

just to clear up some things...

85-86 had the OLd style bumpers, which very few had the bottom half painted.

In 87 the switched to the newer style bumpers nearly all got painted on the bottom half.

............ however, europe, japan, etc. did not get the new bumpers in 87. so thats why the old style painted are seen alot more overseas

@ Skip:

All Subaru Leone GL Station had those high roof. They were not called "Touring Wagon", but "Super Station" in Germany. Here in Austria, they were only called "Leone GL Kombi".

The "Leone DL Kombi" had the flat roof. All Subaru EA82 and EA81 had those headlight-squirters. My daily driver in the signature also has headlight squirters.

But the "Leone GL Kombi", as mine is called here, was only available ONE year with colored bumpers and high roof. Because the high roof wagon, the sedan and the turismo coupe was only available from 1985 to 1989, and only the 1989 models had body colored painted bumpers.

And GL Wagons with those "Alpin-Decals" are 2 known in austria, so my car is more rare than a McLaren Mercedes SLR here:lol:!

Greetings Lukas, if you have questions, feel free to ask ;)