Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how do you make a subaru faster?

My bf just picked one up. As in last Saturday. Already busted something...I swear him and hondas do not mix, as he has an 88 Civic hatch too and apparently he's currently gone thru timing chain #3 on it (second motor from an 89 crx si I believe, this is chain #2 for this one, did i mention he's only had the civic itself since about july/august?) not to mention 3 or 4 ignition modules and a couple coils...and when I had it I had NO problems with it lol

HONDA GODS PLEASE HELP HIM, not go thru another timing belt!

Some people just shouldn't ever ever ever.. Open the hood on a HONDA!

Atleast he's a DIY'er (not a very good one) But thats cool that he gets grimmy with his own cars. Pat em on tha back and get 'em a Beer! Sounds like you got a good BF.

HONDA GODS PLEASE HELP HIM, not go thru another timing belt!

Some people just shouldn't ever ever ever.. Open the hood on a HONDA!

Atleast he's a DIY'er (not a very good one) But thats cool that he gets grimmy with his own cars. Pat em on tha back and get 'em a Beer! Sounds like you got a good BF.

Yeah sad thing is he's a mechanic in his spare time (which hasnt been often since he keeps having to fix his own car) But when I met him a lil over a yr ago he never worked on imports, swore up and down he'd never own a honda ever again (amusing story to that one, all I remember it was his 18th b-day and he landed in jail for it lol) Then I took him street racing one night...oops. Dont think he had this problem with his last honda (he replaced an 96 prelude SI with the hatch) but then again I was there working next to him making sure he didnt forget anything too.