Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What makes a good, safe tow line?

tonite me and my roomate went out with the wagon and the brat and played around on the motocross track. Got stuck, busted out the old home town purse line. Havent had to use the stuff in a few years.. Man I love this stuff..

http://www.samsonrope.com/home/newcommfish/purseline-2in1stablebraid.cfm?ProdNum=176

I use the 1" stuff.. 40,000 pound capacity. its pretty spending but its worth it because you wont rip tow hooks or bumpers off. I can't remember the amount of stretch it has, but its a lot. This is the stuff you can take a 50 foot section, tie it up, nail the gas, and right as you see the line starting to come off the ground, let off the gas and just the stretch will pull a sooby buried in a snowbank. I pulled out a 2000 F350 with 35" tires and he had the entire passenger side of the truck buried in snow to the to the frame. (we were driving on top of 4 feet of snowpack in the spring) 150 foot of line, 25 mph, one pull truck came out..

Check it out.