Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What turbo works best on EA82T ?

And what are the different positives and negatives of each? Example:What type/ size spools quickest (torque?) . What type/size will produce good top end performance (horsepower). Any real good types to look out for (ball bearing maybe?) that might have come on factory twin turbo setup (example; Porsche/ Bmw/ Mercedes/Acura/Supra...) etc...

Yeah, the stock IHI RHB5 VF7 is very well matched to the EA82T in stock trim, if you dont plan to do any mods or raise boost pressure I'd stick with it. For mild mods and a bit more boost the WRX Mitsu TD04-16G is a good match. Others? Compressor maps and flow calculations will tell the tail.

Gary

I got in touch with a company called Blaylock-Turbo, about getting my stock VF7 tweaked. I talked to Jim, and here is what he had to say:

JIm Blaylock <sales@blaylock-turbo.com> wrote:

Patrick we can bore out your compressor housing, put larger wheel in it and polish the housing for better air flow. We can lighten the turbine wheel for a little quicker spool up.

Your cost is $400.00. This does not include basic rebuild. If you need everything rebuilt also before the upgrade the total cost is $795.00.

Thanks,

Jim