Ultimate Subaru Message Board

update on EA82 steering wheel adaptors

ee

I dont want to rain on the parade but you can get these adapters made stateside at your choice of machine shops for approx. 1/3 of that price each, you would be hard pressed to spend that much unless you had them do it via wire EDM on a very small run, rather than a rotary broach or other such method. Can anyone tell me if these splines are square cut, involute, or sawtooth configuration? If you already have a CAD file prepared for these and don't mind I can send them to several shops I'm familar with for a RFQ. I don't think I'm personally prepared to spend over 100$ on a steering wheel adapter, I would make them myself for you guys but I do not have the tooling for internal cuts like these. :(

what do you need to get those toolings? ;)

There is a part number on one of the momo dealer sites, I thought they were around 45 bucks.

I bought a new momo hub, in the box off ebay a month ago for $9.95 and bought a momo hub, steering wheel and horn button with a nice subaru logo for $100 shipped, from germany.

There is a part number on one of the momo dealer sites, I thought they were around 45 bucks.

I bought a new momo hub, in the box off ebay a month ago for $9.95 and bought a momo hub, steering wheel and horn button with a nice subaru logo for $100 shipped, from germany.

when was that on ebay!?

i spent months upon months searching the web and calling nearly 60 stores to see if anyone had #7303 collecting dust on their shelves (since the ea82 adpator #7303 was discontinued)

Holy crap I just looked at thier recent feedback, yikes!!! I'd be very weary, sounds like they are listing stuff right out of a catalog and then ordering it/shipping it... If these are indeed no longer available anywyere, these guys might not find out until AFTER the auction is over... They look like horrible eBay sellers.

woops looks like i got a little excited..oh well its through paypal..if i dont get it i'll get my money back

here's the MFG part numbers

Steering Wheel Adapters

Grant

-------------------------------------

Gen1/Gen2 Subarus P/N: 6596

Momo Wheel to Grant Hub P/N: 4009

Momo

-------------------------------------

Gen1/Gen2 Subarus P/N: 7302

Gen3 P/N: 7303

sounds good John :)

Moving On

Well since this is not panning out for us other than the mildly expensive option styles has got for us, I would say lets either do that, get a price on a US machine shop to make somehting that will work, or I just came up wit ha new idea, where if anyone else makes an adapter, like Grant, etc for our cars, I can make a 'piggyback' adapter and use thier already existing spline adapter and just adapt the bolt circle. I bet All_talk would be down for making something like that too, although I haven't talked to him about it yet.

well since it seems mark has a #7303 have him send it to you to make copies..

and..WOOT WOOT THIS IS POST 1,000

and thats me not being a post whore LOL

• 2 weeks later...