Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Forester Dual Range

NoahDL88

I know you want one, I know it would be cool, and i know you don't have the money right now.

But i just contacted an Australian wrecking yard about getting a shipment in, possibly 10 to make shipping somewhat more worthwhile. If they want a minimum of 10 I want 9 others that can Commit the money it will take to get them here.

Sorry to seem harsh, but i don't want this to go on for 5 pages and have only 3 people actually commiting. This is still pending on their response, they may not want to go through the hassle, maybe for 10 though.

Sticky?

To answer your questions, I have no idea.

1. They won't be cheap, i'm guessing optimistically at around 500-1000

2. The'll be shipped to either Seattle or San Diego, Unless its the same price to Michigan, however i'm assuming that most will go to Seattle so i may get them delivered there, i have a place i can send them that is a business so it might be cheaper

3. The low range is about 1.19, its no EA-82 low range, but with the added torque of the 2.2 it should be just fine

4. Little Prince, if i get one direct to Mi, I'll include yours

I'm assuming that these will be AWD and low lock, as opposed to 2, 4, lo.

As they fit on the forresters, they fit on the EJ20 so yes i can say with 99% certainty that they will fit onto the 2.5 or the 2.2 like i'm hoping.

On a slightly random note, i belived that these use the push clutch not the pull, so they will require a master cylinder for the hydraulic clutch, not a big deal, but somthing to think about.

I'm assuming that these will be AWD and low lock, as opposed to 2, 4, lo.

As they fit on the forresters, they fit on the EJ20 so yes i can say with 99% certainty that they will fit onto the 2.5 or the 2.2 like i'm hoping.

On a slightly random note, i belived that these use the push clutch not the pull, so they will require a master cylinder for the hydraulic clutch, not a big deal, but somthing to think about.

I admire your initiative in trying to get this deal to go down. I don't even have a subie, but I would consider investing in the project.

I have seen similar purchase pooling deals in the Vanagon world. You can still get new Vanagon parts from South Africa.

Buying a load of used trannies from the other side of the world is risky. What is the price differential if you just order new ones?

I drool when I dream about a lifted OBS Sport with an extended range transmission and a little camp trailer. Someday perhaps.....

I will be watching for progress on this idea.