Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Actron Scantool and code readers?

blitz--I'm no expert, just got mine last week. Bought the CP9135 on the advice of a mechanic friend of mine (Dan Maurin at ROOpair Specialties in Tacoma).

Seems to work great, very easy to use too. DTCs came up immediately and were totally consistent with the symptoms.

You can download the operating manual from Actron's website if you want to read about it before buying. Bought mine off ebay for about half the store price!

Good luck!

I have only used it once to scan and reset when my car tossed a code last winter because of extreme rin conditions. Easy to use and worked fine. You don't learn a lot with one use though.

I bought it at Autozone and the saleswoman reccomeded the pocket scan as a newer and slightly easier to use model. That was the one the store here uses to read codes for people.

You can also just buy the software if you already have a laptop or a Palm computer. I have the sofware for the Palm computer from Harrison's and am very satisfied. Not only does it give you the codes but real time outputs from all the sensors. Compare the prices and maybe you'll find it even cheaper than the Scantron tool.