Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX Turbo Dyno Results - Playing with Fuel Pressure

What you read was based on this thought.

My statement wasn't directed at Subarutex however. There are other posts mentioning that the EA82T injectors flow about 180cc. LIke this one for instance........

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=240871

What I'm saying is, since the XT6 has 185cc, it's safe to assume that the EA82 (N/A) engine has 185cc also. If this is the case, why would Subaru go to lesser flowing injectors (180cc) for an EA82T turbo if it makes more power than an EA82 (N/A)?

My assumption that an EA82 (N/A) has 185cc injectors could be flawed though since I believe the XT6 has a slightly higher compression ratio (9.5 vs 9.7).

Ahh...this is meaningless. Somebody hasta get these things flow tested. :brow:

To sum it up, yeah the fuel injectors may be maxed out but it may run ok like this for a while. I just hope I don't blow anything. I'm taking 'Scrappy' to work tomorrow. 4-8" of snow is expected (Translated: 6-12").

I thought it was also known that the XT6 and the EA82T were different. Kevin, you say so yourself in this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5810&page=2&pp=10&highlight=xt6+injector

The xt6 is a bit more advanced from the EA series engines. The manifold is one step closer to the EJ style, as are the fuel injectors.

I believe because the injectors are a physical different style, it is NOT safe to assume that the EA82 MPFI NA injectors are rated the same as XT6 injectors. It then would also be a mistake to presume that EA82T injectors flow more than XT6 injectors.

I thought it was also known that the XT6 and the EA82T were different. Kevin, you say so yourself in this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5810&page=2&pp=10&highlight=xt6+injector

You are correct! The injectors I have are for a 1.8ltr Subaru turbo. I don't know if it's for an EA81T or EA82T.

RXInjectors.JPG

I do know that's what was listed in ebay when I purchased them. 1.8ltr turbo injector (which I assumed was off an RX turbo) are injectors 2 and 4. 1 and 3 are off an XT6.

Question is, does an EA82 injector look similar to an EA82T injector or an XT6 injector? I was thinking the EA82 and XT6 injectors were one in the same and perhaps maybe the turbo injectors where different. Man, I hate theory and 'what-ifs'. :banghead:

Would be more to see more air/fuel ratios and such. Perhaps something is wrong with my car in its current tune. :-\ If it is, I'm liking it right now. Hehe!

I'm curious now more than ever to know what these injectors flow. Perhaps someone will post up an injector flow sheet from having their stock injectors cleaned.

no offence but no matter what pressure your running, the ecu will see that pressure and back off the time in milliseconds that the injectors stay on, we did this on a car at school today to help to prove the point i was making, it doesn't matter what pressure your running it will always come down to the ECU to control the amount of fuel entering the cylnder.

Super Tech:

As was stated previously, The old soob systems don't have any sort of system they is aware of fuel pressure. All metering decisions are based on how much air the MAF sees.

RXInjectors.JPG

Injectors 1 and 3 look like EA82T injectors

I have no idea what 2 and 4 are.. you say you purchased them as soob 1.8 injectors? Is it possible they are EJ18 injectors?

2 and 4 are XT6 injectors.

*edit* ugh i dunno, after looking at my FSM, it seems xt6 injectors just don't have the hose. 2 and 4 do look like more modern EJ injectors.