Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I sunk my car

I sunk my car up to the seats. Got it running but the oil pressure is a little high. I believe that water may have some how got into the oil. I will change the oil today. I was wondering if I should change the tranny and the rearend oil aswell. I don't know about venting tubes or other ways water may have goten in anywhere else. Any advise from experience???

or run it, and it will get hot, and the water will evaporate.

Bad idea - if there are any contaminates in the water (which there are), it will cause seizure/scoring of the internal components in everyting - the steam can also murder components - seen that happen

change all fluids, and hope nothing is damaged

BTW - did you suck any into your intake - possible BIG problems there - especially if you drowned your engine - possible water hammer damage

It was a little sluggish on the way home from where it happened. I couldn't leave it there or some bum would have *************** in the thing. But it was only about 2 mi. I drove it easy. Changed the air filter,engine and tranny oil. The diff will be changed tomorrow. And the interior is all cleaned and will be dry tomorrow morning. There was about 5 lbs of mud in my carpet. The empty beer can floating in the back seat floor was quite a site this morning. But once all the fluids were changed I took it for a little test drive. I would say the cup of bolts and screws that flew all the way to the back, from the dash, says that its running fine. I think it will be fine if not woopie another couple hundo for a used motor.

I sunk my car up to the seats. Got it running but the oil pressure is a little high. I believe that water may have some how got into the oil. I will change the oil today. I was wondering if I should change the tranny and the rearend oil aswell. I don't know about venting tubes or other ways water may have goten in anywhere else. Any advise from experience???

did you get pics??