Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wahoo Im on a roll

Ok. I found an 88 EFI wagon with broken timing belts. I fixed that after two attempts. (Thanks guys) She runs like a top. My 78 wagon fired up today after a little coaxing, the coil was crossfiring and mice had eaten through the spark plug wires. After replacing that two cranks and she started right up.

The only issue is no reverse; but I think it's only a linkage problem (any insight?) and the right front caliper is siezed. Will a caliper from an 82 wagon or hatch fit?

I got two wagons from a guy and he said that the 78 had blown head gaskets. But the 78 runs clean; no smoke and no antifreeze in the oil. Compression test at 145 per cylinder so it seems alright to me.

The 82 wagon he said it had bad number one cylinder. But after checking the oil and putting 3 qts. in it fired up and ran quiet, but does blow a little blue smoke.

Today has been a good day in SubaruLand. Every Subaru I touch today wants to live.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.

LT