Ultimate Subaru Message Board

high speed 2 piece xt6 clutch!

that guy in asheville is too laid back for me. never shipped it, but never charged me either... im still waiting for that one... i should call him.

actualy its off of my gfs xt6. we got it with 250k on it, the clutch was slipping. then the clutch stopped slipping, and only made alot of noise, like a pilot bearing would.

since it held good, we left it in there. but one day, she tells me its gone all of the sudden, after she heard a clunk!

pretty crazy, im thinking it was a cheap clutch. or the car has been severely beaten on....

we towed it with 2 up 2 down, and said **** that old rump roast quarter of a million mile tranny, and stuck in a new clutch, with a 100k mile tranny.

i'll post the brand later, possibly one to avoid... not sure tho

if you guys want it, morganm has a pretty good shipper around here for things like trannies, and engines. maybe he can chime in with an aproximate shipping cost. id charge you guys 25 bucks for handling, and whatever the shipping is. i'll have it for a couple more weeks, but i might have to tear it apart to look at if it sits around longer than that =]

Aye, gots me a freight forwarder localy that I deal with. Sent several trannies and engines through him to USMB members. What I need is the weight of the item (including pallete and box around it) and ZIP code to where you are sending it. It's cheaper if you can deliver it to a loading dock at a business. Shipping to your doorstep is significatnly higher becuase they have to take it off the semi and onto a smaller delivery truck... another middle man.

If you are seriouse PM me the info and I'll get you a quote.

Thanks.

this is funny, sort of ironic. i sold a manual XT6 transmission to a guy in either Michigan or Minnesota (i think it was michigan, one of those "M" states out there), when i was living in georgia. shipping was 86.00 via UPS. it was *just* under their 140 pound weight limit back then. of course they had to take my word for it since they couldn't get it on the scale. the lady was laughing at us. i strapped it to some 2x4's, wrapped in plastic and drove it to the atlanta airport where the UPS drop is. they took it and it got there. that was probably 5 years ago, shipping regulations and prices have changed since then, but might want to check. it was a slight pain in the rump roast, but doable for what it is and i couldn't believe it was only 86.00. but it was.

this is funny, sort of ironic. i sold a manual XT6 transmission to a guy in either Michigan or Minnesota (i think it was michigan, one of those "M" states out there), when i was living in georgia. shipping was 86.00 via UPS. it was *just* under their 140 pound weight limit back then. of course they had to take my word for it since they couldn't get it on the scale. the lady was laughing at us. i strapped it to some 2x4's, wrapped in plastic and drove it to the atlanta airport where the UPS drop is. they took it and it got there. that was probably 5 years ago, shipping regulations and prices have changed since then, but might want to check. it was a slight pain in the rump roast, but doable for what it is and i couldn't believe it was only 86.00. but it was.

UPS is more strict now (or maybe just around here?). I've called them on big things like this and it was way more than $86.00 :(